Redirection

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Farmer's Salad

This is a Middle Eastern salad or a variant of it, my new cooking book calls it fattoush. It's actually very easy to make and tastes very fresh, due to mint leaves (be careful with using too much of it, I read somewhere that mint is not that good for men).

You will need:

toasted bread, cut into small pieces/cubed
1 cucumber
tomatoes
parsley and mint leaves (I used dried parsley)
garlic to taste
salt and pepper
1 onion
vegetable oil
lemon juice

Mix together bread cubes, cucumber and tomatoes (sliced), and parsley and mint leaves. Make salad dressing from chopped garlic and onion, salt, pepper, vegetable oil and lemon juice (I usually use 2tbsp oil and 1tbsp of lemon juice/vinegar, but you can use any other proportion if you like). Add to the salad ingredients and mix well.

I served it with baked potatoes and hamburgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment