Redirection

Friday, July 31, 2015

Some Of The Things I Brought Home

First of all, these two books:






One is called Country Christmas Dreams and has really great deco ideas for outside and inside:





The other one I'm reading at the moment. It's name is The Best Of Herbal Witch and I'm planning to write a review of it as soon as I've finished:

As usual, I bought several lifestyle magazines:




This one I only discovered recently and it quickly became one of my favourites:





It features houses in Scandinavian style and had some really great articles, including one about a Dutch housewife, and, as usual, great photography:





Wohnen & Garten must be known to my long-time readers, since I mentioned it before:





This summer, it ran an article about Jane Austen. The topic Mr Darcy is being milked for all it's worth:





The big news is that, apparently, someone published Jane Austen's mother's cookbook with authentic recipes. I'm sure, all the lovers of Pride And Prejudice are going to rejoice in this news. Me, I'm planning to write a post about it soon. (The novel, not the cookbook).

And, of course, there were some cool ideas for summer outdoor gatherings, table settings and stuff like that:

Ladies and gentlemen, that was all for today. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Housewife from FinlandAugust 3, 2015 at 4:59 AM

    Kräuter Hexe sounds very interesting indeed. :) I also envy you for the magazines; I never seem to be able to find magazines that I like. Magazines are also pretty expencive here, so if I read them, what I rarely do, I read them in library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herbal Witch is a brand! She's been writing books under this name for 15 years at least. I bought that book in a monastery:)

    What is expensive? the price of those I bought varies from 2 to 5 euros, which is generally cheaper than over here. I did a post on german magazines some time ago, what I like about them is that they often feature housewives, which I find inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Housewife from FinlandAugust 3, 2015 at 9:11 AM

    I had never heard about Herbal Witch before, her books haven't been translated to finnish (or sold here in any other language, either. Too bad.)

    Magazines are like 4-8 euros here, I would say. I concider it rather pricey, since there is usually so little to read. And one can read them for free in the library, which is my favourite place on earth anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They (the books) haven't been translated into Dutch, either, but I've been visiting this monastery for years and they always sell them:) 8 euros is a lot of money for a magazine, here they are pricey, too, so I only buy craft/cooking ones.

    ReplyDelete